Usually I’m a giant asshole and and forget to post anything I’m nominated to do but seeing as the lovely Five Years and Finally Single nominated me for the Liebster Award I thought I’d give being social a whirl.
I already share far too much information with complete strangers, so what difference does 11 more questions make?
1. What is the worst date you have ever been on?
I’ve been on so many first dates I think I deserve a lifetime achievement award. 80% of those involved getting far too drunk to numb the pain of wasting an evening out to dinner when I could be at home watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My worst date though has to be my first ever, we were sat in the cinema in total silence when I farted and proceeded to stand up and apologise to the entire theatre for my passing of wind. Suffice to say, there was no second date.
2. What is something you lied to your parents about?
I’m a terrible liar – the biggest lie I ever told was when I hated the sandwiches my father made me to take to school so I hid them in my rucksack. Each day I tried desperately to find a bin to put them in and each day I failed miserably. It got to the point where I had rotting sandwiches hiding in my room and my mother eventually found them after questioning what the smell was. The life lesson I learnt from that was to never lie and always eat my sandwiches.
3. Are you married? If yes what is your advice to a single gal? If no what is your favorite part of being single?
Every man and his dog knows I’m single – I can’t think of anything better than sitting alone in my pyjamas with a bottle of wine and Netflix. In fact, I’m so used to being single that I think I’d find the pressure to get dressed up and impress a new boyfriend too much to handle.
4. What is the first thing you do when you get sad?
Buy a bottle of wine, put Taylor Swift on and sit alone in my bedroom crying. Lather, rinse and repeat until I’m ready to face the world again.
5. Why did you start blogging?
Loneliness, heartbreak and unrequited love!
6. Best advice to a new blogger?
I don’t know that I’m the best person to be giving anyone advice but the one thing I will say is to carry on writing. Don’t be afraid to be honest, because the beauty of the internet and the blogging community is that there’s always going to be someone out there who feels exactly the same way as you. Being a good writer and an honest one come hand in hand.
7. What is your biggest dream in life?
I just want to be happy. I tend to avoid saying what I want out loud just in case it doesn’t come true!
8. Do you believe in fate?
For me, a belief in fate is a denial of free will. Some awful things have happened to me, but most of these are because I fucked up and I refuse to give that a bigger meaning than necessary.
9. How old were you when you got your first kiss?? and please share the story…
I guess at the age of sixteen I was pretty old in terms of what’s considered the social norm. Unfortunately, as first kisses go it wasn’t exactly a romantic moment to to tell my grandchildren about. It happened at a party after a few too many WKD’s and he wasn’t exactly a Ryan Gosling lookalike. I only ever saw him once after that and I pretended I had no idea who he was – pretty much sums up my success with dating since that day!
10. What is your favourite feature on who ever you may be physically attracted to?
A sense of humour and the ability to tell me to “fuck off” when I’m being a douchebag.
11. What is one question you want to ask a famous person and who are you asking?
I’d definitely ask Emma Watson out for dinner and drinks. I can’t think of anything better than the two of us drinking red wine from obnoxiously large glasses and gossiping about Tom Felton and Daniel Radcliffe. If you’re reading this Emma, please my BFF: I promise I’m cool and my anecdotes are hilarious.
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a great way to connect with new bloggers, and to welcome them to the blogosphere.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Here are my nominees:
I know that’s not 11 people and most of them have more than 200 followers but I just love to break the rules. Here are my lame ass questions for everyone to answer:
- What is your biggest regret?
- What is the first anecdote about yourself that you’d tell to impress someone new?
- First crush?
- How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What is your relationship deal breaker?
- Do you believe in karma?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could tell anyone to royally fuck the fuck off who would it be, and why?
If you don’t have the time to reply or can’t be bloody arsed then I totally understand but if like me you have no friends and a free Saturday then I’d love to read your answers! Over and out.